Ethos Vision Statement
Ethos mission is to be one of the premier volleyball clubs in the nation. We want to help our players develop life skills through the sport of volleyball and help them succeed at the highest levels of the game. Ethos seeks to prepare our athletes to succeed on the court, in the classroom and in the working world. It is our goal to make better people and not just better volleyball players.
Directors and Coaches Commitment
- We commit to providing a great training environment for all our athletes.
- We commit to trying to keep costs affordable for anyone who wishes to learn.
- We commit to providing a consistent coaching staff at all levels of play.
The Ethos Directors reserve the right to maintain fees collected for operating and maintaining the budget. Any exceptions or requests for reimbursements, scholarships, or financial aid must be submitted in writing to either of the Ethos Directors for approval. Our club’s budget is set by the number of players selected to the teams at time of tryouts.
Ethos Mission Statement
Our primary mission is to encourage the development of skills and techniques necessary for Junior Olympic players to compete at the highest levels in the game of volleyball. We will focus on the physical, mental, and character development of all players. We will achieve this mission through the following goals:
- To help players develop a sense of teamwork and cooperation in a competitive atmosphere.
- To teach players to make a commitment to self-improvement both on and off the court and to deman excellence in everything they do.
- To offer a consistent coaching philosophy & staff from the first time a player enters a gym through their high school graduation. Ethos VBC will insist on uniformity throughout our coaching process and provide mandatory coaching clinics for all coaches.
- To ensure a two-way communication policy for all players and parents with their coaches and Club Directors.
- To run a well-organized club consisting of: tryouts, practices, tournaments, social events, clinics, fundraising, lessons & community service.
Parental Support and Assistance
Our parents are a vital part of our club – their assistance during tournaments & throughout the year is essential to our success. Having parents that can help with transportation, snacks & chaperoning responsibilities, allows our coaches the freedom to focus on teaching the game of volleyball and on trying to help each child reach their potential.
- We commit to participate in all practices & play in the tournaments the team has signed up for.
- We commit to putting the interests of our team before our own interests.
- We commit to working hard and having enthusiasm for everything we do.
- We commit to displaying a Christ-like attitude both on & off the court.
- We commit to learning from our coaches & respecting those in authority.